Acting in music, especially chamber music, can always provide more enjoyment than simply listening to music. The cooperation between institutions of public education and of those of fostering culture is fundamental in the service of musical education. This is why concert pedagogy is part of teaching music. This pedagogical approach regards teaching receptivity as its primary objective, trying to offer valid experiences and musical knowledge to students and the audience, putting an emphasis on tools specifically available for music ensembles. The aim of this program part is to develop the students’ creativity and entrepreneurship through classical string quartet music inspired productions. Teamwork is fundamental to the functioning of a string quartet, the most representative form of chamber music. The essence of playing chamber music is the continuing dialogue between instruments, accentuating important melodies while assigning more muted volume to accompanying instruments. This is why it plays a defining role in the development of musical creativity.
“Young conductors” program
Students between the age of 8 and 14, mainly those not participating in musical studies, working together with a string quartet have the opportunity to conduct a small “orchestra”, a string quartet. The aim of this part of the program is to develop students’ musical creativity. This part of the program does not work in classroom environment without the presence of the string quartet.
“Imagine, what you hear!”
The program part “Imagine, what you hear!” promotes students’ creativity through classical string quartet music inspired productions. Here the quartet helps the development of students’ entrepreneurship in the area of arts and arts promoting. The process, in which the students not only hear the quartet music, but also imagine it and prepare a stage and film production from it, requires essentially all form of creativity.
The string quartet participates in the realization of the production with the students, covering and working in areas as:
- selection of music or part of music from the string quartet’s repertoire, applicable to the performance’s theme (character, length); the explanation and interpretation of the music’s character, identity,
- writing the story, preparing the dialog according to the character and message of the music, also considering the availability of personnel,
- casting, selection of location, costumes, sets,
- methodology of recording, stage technology,
- editing, according to the musical sequence, montage, fitting,
- designing the general appearance, creating text parts, signs,
- marketing, dissemination.
[icon name=”bars” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Module Overview
|[icon name=”arrow-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]|